.H/K avr 3600 No Sub

oldenough

Just picked up an AVR3600, couldn't turn down a great deal on a demo unit at future shop ($349). Anyhow got it all set-up, but can't get any output from the sub-out. Using HDMI from source (PS3) to receiver....am I missing something?? Thanks guys.

Are you sure it's the sub out and not input? just asking.

Well I'm sure glad you did ask...Yeah you got it first time, that'll teach me to maybe read the instruction manual next time....LOL...Who the hell needs "sub in" anyway? Thanks Fish.

So next question I have RF-5's, RB-5s, and RC3, and paradigm servo 15 sub, what do you guys recommend setting the speaker crossover at?

Start at 80Hz and tweek to taste from there.

Start at 80Hz and tweek to taste from there.

Thanks, I'm at 60hz right now and it seems to sound better...for sure the AVR 3600 is a big improvement over my much used and old AVR 310. The sound is much less harsh, and the overly bright top end is tamed down quite a bit. So far I am very impressed, even when using this as a two channel amp....[Y] Sure do wish they had put a phono input on this receiver.

Congrats on the HK deal. glad it was an easy fix.On the x over as mentioned 80 then tweak, 60 should work pretty good.You can always get a cheap phono preamp so no biggy.The mic question would be best ask of HK, they may sell you one cheap.

Enjoy your new set, the Harmans have a sound that is usually reserved for separates,