Need suggestions to download my compact disc to:

soundbound

Depending on your stereo capabilities, an external hard drive connected directly would be the most efficient. You would want to rip the CD's to the hard drive. Remember, more compression means less like the original. Lossless means same as original. I'm guessing you will need about a 1TB drive, but you may need a 2TB depending on the format you use.

If you don't have a stereo capable of directly connecting to a hard drive, then perhaps you can look at the various music servers available. The prices are all over the place on those. IMO, a multimedia server makes more sence because it can do music and more. A regular PC is a multimedia server if configured that way. How you get that sound into your stereo once again depends on your stereo.

What stereo equipment are you connecting to?

Depending on your stereo capabilities, an external hard drive connected directly would be the most efficient. You would want to rip the CD's to the hard drive. Remember, more compression means less like the original. Lossless means same as original. I'm guessing you will need about a 1TB drive, but you may need a 2TB depending on the format you use.

If you don't have a stereo capable of directly connecting to a hard drive, then perhaps you can look at the various music servers available. The prices are all over the place on those. IMO, a multimedia server makes more sence because it can do music and more. A regular PC is a multimedia server if configured that way. How you get that sound into your stereo once again depends on your stereo.

What stereo equipment are you connecting to?

To a typical two channel.

Thank you for your good advice. I'll look into your recommended options.

I just went through this so this thread has some info for you and relevant advice from many people;

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/153780.aspx

I ripped 350+ CDs to lossless FLAC using up 103 GB of disk space, so 1000 should fit within half a terabyte with room to spare.

Thank you. I'll go to your provided link and read the thread.

the interface is the thing i always have issues with... I don't really want my monitor on ever time I want t listen to music... that the issue with the PS3. this has lead me to a stand alone sacd player... but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

does anyone have experience with a mini monitor for this feature? say 6-7" max.