Ev DH1A vs PAudio BM 750

kg4guy

the bm750 aka k-69 is crossover at 5000hz in the MCM grand v's. an 1132 driver/horn is used as a mid range with a seperate driver /horn used as a mid bass horn.

Your eara MWM's came 3-way with a k-260 horn and various clusters of k-76's as tweeters. There was a 4 way version that used a mid bass horn with one option a 10" driver.

I think one of the problems I have with trying to make a two way system with an MWM and a k-69 is that the MWM does not have a very high reach.

I built the MWM's and had the JBL 2360A horns , Peavey MB 2's and DH1A drivers running the set up with two Crown xti 1000's and a Peavey IPR 1600 on the LF with Ashly XR 2001 active crossed at 300Hz and 1000Hz.

The DH1a, according to my measurements, is every bit as good, if not a bit better, than a JBL2446 with the big "elephant butt cheek" horn. Good choice!!

Most likely I will get a pair of K402's with the K-69's also would like the MCM midbass section as well if they sell it but can't swing it at this time cash poor .

Know the feeling well. Have to sell other audio stuff to make $$ for new audio stuff............working the old money hard.