Chorus or Forte

jdurrum

Well, I've been playing them through my Fisher 400 for a couple of days and they sound quite nice. Out of curiosity I tried the impedance selector on 8 and 16 ohms. It seemed to sound nicer set to 16 Ohms. The 4 ohms seems a little muted and less treble. Does anyone know if I'll damage components with the impedance set to 16 ohms? The Fortes are rated at 4ohms. I really don't want to damage any output tubes or, god forbid, a transformer.

the 16 ohm taps are the safest place to run your speakers and you are also loading your entire secondary on them which is a bonus. Best regards Moray James.

Great! It really sounds better on the 16 ohm taps. I suppose that the whole secondary going into the speakers accounts for the improvement I'm hearing.

I was just worried that it like running 4ohm speakers with an amp not rated for 4. Thanks.

the 16 ohm taps are the safest place to run your speakers and you are also loading your entire secondary on them which is a bonus. Best regards Moray James.

Great! It really sounds better on the 16 ohm taps. I suppose that the whole secondary going into the speakers accounts for the improvement I'm hearing.

I was just worried that it like running 4ohm speakers with an amp not rated for 4. Thanks.

Well, this evening I installed the infamous Crite's titanium tweeter diaphragms. They are all they're cracked up to be. Wonderful. Mandatory maintenance for a set of Fortes.

I'm now looking to continue modding these. I've already recapped them. I'm wondering about the inductor for the woofer. The schematic says 3mh. Parts Express doesn't carry 3mh, but they have several 3.3mh air coil inductors. Is this what I should use? They have some nice looking 3.3 mh inductors from Jantzen.

I like my Chorus I's better after adding 7" mailing tubes into all the bass ports. I get just as much deep bass out of the C1's as the F2's in my room set-up and can have the C1's right up against the wall. I will be upgrading my tweeters as soon as BC gets them in. I'm not bagging on the Forte II's. Awesome speakers, I just like the flexibility of not dealing with the passive radiator.

That's my $0.02... why the hell did they get rid of cents symbol on keyboards???

Kernel

Can I solicit opinions on an off topic speaker? I don't want to start a whole new thread for it. I found some Paradigm reference studio 100s that I can get for around 400$. Should I get them? I've found some reviews online, but not much. They seem to be a highly regarded speaker. But, yes, very different from a Klipsch.