5 Kilowatts

shake777

So CornfedKB, Gentleman, (and the one or two Ladies that might read this), I've got five thousand watts going through my Palladiums. There was some question in my mind if my Pals could handle it. Let me tell you it its awesome and pretty. All I see below my nine foot screen in the dark is glowing McIntoshesque lights and the Power, the Detail, the Emotion...its unbeleiveable. I know blowing ones own horn is not a pretty character trait but after the shellacking I took following my infamous picture, I'm going to exercise a little license. I don't know if this is true but I'm told that five thousand watts is something like six and half horse power. I, for one, don't believe it but it comes from a good source. I also single out CornfedKB because you gave me a little more courage to pull this off. I had though of using the Emotiva XPA-1s but then when you mentioned it, I revisited it and realized that each amp would give me a kilowatt per amp and even Stereophile was giving Emotiva some good press. Believe me when I say Power, Detail, and Emotion, I am dead serious. I'm going to emphasize Detail. I've never heard such distintion in the sonics. It truely is amazing. Honest to goodness. I've never heard anything so realistic. My local movie theater can't touch this and music is just as good or better. If I offend anyone with my, what could be interpreted as bragging and/or foolishness, I apologize. Nic

you can get into some real spooky bananas on this subject. for example, if you have a 5000Watt class AB amp thats bias'ed to have 5% of it's first watts in class A then a 250W class a amp will have just as much class A power.

SFritz, That may be true for some amps (I don't believe it is for this one) but when it comes time to digging in for power when the going gets tough, the big power amp is still going to be flat, linear, and smooth. Its going to be able to pull though low ohm moments with ease where a 250w amp is going to struggle like all heck. I'll take the power any day. Nic