RF-82/RF62 with RF-7?

Tremors

Hey all,

What's your opinion on using either of the above mentioned as rear surround in a 7.2 along side these>>>> RF7(fronts), RC7(center), RS7 (sides). I could move the RS7's to the rears if need be and utilize the RF82 or RF62 as sides. But my question is more so whether or not you think that they would match well. Currently im using F3's as the rears but would like to move up to an all RF home theater. Thoughts?

Regards

I would really try to find either a pair of RF-5s, RB-75s, or RF-7s for your rear speakers. I've tried pairing RB-35s, RS-52s, RS-62s for surround speakers for my RF-7s, and none of them sounded good. With the RS-7s, and now my RC-7s in the, all the sound compliments each other.

I would love to have either RF7 or RF5 for the rears but they are seemingly impossible to find on the used market in my area. I'm not willing to pull the trigger on a new set of 7's as the cost is just too high for me right now. I'm really trying to stay in the 1k range (or less) for the rears. Has anyone seen a chart or have a general idea of just how much sound is sent to the rears, and the rest of the speakers for that matter, in a 7.2 set up? I'm thinking it is something like this 50% fronts, 30% sides, 20% rears but I could be way off. I guess I'm really trying to gauge the importance of overall sound quality in respect to where to put the best speakers I have.

Gorm, I wish I lived near you if that's the case :) I've searched around on CL in my area and every area around me diligently EVERY single day for the past six months and have not seen one pair. So, my hopes of finding the cherry pair that I want are not looking very good so far. I'll keeping looking though, as that is how I acquired all of the 7's I have now. Where do you live anyhow that you're seeing all these 7's kicking around? Have a good day.

• Moderators

The only percentage I've heard thrown around is approx 80% of everything that happens in a movie comes through your center channel. You have to keep in mind that your percentages will not = 100% since information sent to various channels will overlap.