Furman Elite

kde

When is it "appropriate" to make the jump to a Furman Elite power unit? For example, I like the idea of the Furman products and view them as a long-term investment that will last a long time. I have one hooked up to my main system (Emotiva separates with THX Ultra II), but it seems that a regular power conditioner would be fine with an AVR and smaller speaker setup... right?

I love my Furman Elite. I have it hooked up to my main system and I am running tons of power through it. My bedroom system isn't so lucky, I have a 50" plasma and sound system hooked up to a $40 monster surge protector. I would say that you should come up with a formula where you take into consideration the cost of the system in question vs the price of the Furman. My bedroom system was only around $1,500, there was no way I could justify a $500+ surge protector. With that said, the $40 monster got fried during a storm and my components survived, I bought another one right away.

there are benefits to be had from more expensive power units. I think that panamx and furman which are the same company make great power units. I have 2 apc units though, one of which i bought used for 50 bux which was like like a 300-400 dollar unit and it works great. My other APC g5 is very noisy and i dont know why. I am going to have to have it checked out but it was a 200 dollar unit that i got half price on vanns. When you get past just surge protection and into power conditioning you would do best to buy a better unit. Its an investment for sure and one of those overlooked "necessities" IMO that can be rather costly. I forgot what brand it is but its like 15 bux and its just a simple outlet adapter with a tight clamping voltage which is in effect why you buy a good surge surpressor. Cheaper surpressors dont have as tight of a clamping voltage and is a reason why electronics can get fried.

I made the jump when i went to a multitude of big amps. You can never have enough capacitance.

Are there comparible others that offer up that kind of power flexibility? I'm looking to upgrade power amps eventually (no where near your amperage)... but i'm already border line on my 20amp circuit...

I made the jump when i went to a multitude of big amps. You can never have enough capacitance.

My first choice was the Elite-16 PF E i for exactly the aspect of the Power Factor Technology and also the other important features.

Then I considered the Reference Series SPR-16E i for ultra stable voltage supply.

Then I considered the Reference Series IT-Reference 16E i for the symmetrical balance power with dual screen technology to cancel hum-inducing noise from audio and video.

Then I considered the Pro Audio/Video Balanced Power Conditioner P-2300 IT E as it also has Symmetrically Balance Power and is said to be the same but less expensive than the Home Theatre version.

Then I found the P-2300 IT E available at half price so I jumped on it. Co-incidentally it was my birthday, haha, IT'S AWESOME. My LaScala reveal a massive difference in reduced distortion and clarity in sound. It took about 30seconds for my jaw to hit the ground with amazement.

I admit I did consider daisy chaining the SPR-16E i in front of the Elite-16 PF E i

Are there comparible others that offer up that kind of power flexibility? I'm looking to upgrade power amps eventually (no where near your amperage)... but i'm already border line on my 20amp circuit...

I've had mine for a while, so I haven't researched lately. At the time I bought mine I didn't see any comparable units. It's nice to never have to worry about running out of gas when you're pushing it a little.