Where/how to mount surround speakers

luvthesnow

I'm remodeling my living room and would like to hide the speaker wires in the wall for a set of RS-42 surround speakers.

I know idealy you would mount them to the left and right of you but that does not work in this situation (no wall to the left)

Where would you mount them on this wall. Give me some ideas.

post-53828-13819667146492_thumb.jpg

Jason is right, but
in your case with the couch against the back wall, that will work WITH you if
you mount the surround speakers on the back wall. I don't really like book shelf
speakers on stands in this case, just because they take up so much room. This
doesn't look like a dedicated home theater room, it looks more like a normal
living room in hopes of making it sound better. I'm all for just mounting them
flat on the back wall. If your receiver has a set-up mic, that'll help with any miss-placement issues.

Is that a Mitsibushi Split System hanging on the wall....?

Can the sofa be moved forward? I guess it all depends on the room size as to what you can do. If this room opens to another to the left, it is going to be a tough situation to get balanced where ever you mount them. Flat on the rear wall looks like the ONLY option unless you can build a "Wing Wall" to the left.

It's a Fijitsu mini-spit system

I got my never used 5.0 system out of the closet and started trying different locations/angles.

I think I'm going to mount them 5-6' up flat on the back wall at first. I may even put them on a wall arm mount so I can direct them more to the center line of the room.

The couch will be pulled away from the wall a bit, theres base board heat behind it

I think I'm going to mount them 5-6' up flat on the back wall at first. I may even put them on a wall arm mount so I can direct them more to the center line of the room.

Yes, I think on the rear wall, but FLUSH against the wall. No need for an arm mount - will only make the situation worse. Another idea is to use ceiling mount/in ceiling speakers above the couch? I would play around with locations before finishing your walls/buring the wire.