Klipsch Quintet VS. HDT1000 VS. HDT500

omri617

Hi all

i'm really confused which one of these will give me the best solution , my saloon is 18X18 feet (big) and i have Harman Kardon AVR 260

i read a lot of things , one thing is confusing me is the HDT 1000 is cheaper than the HDT 500 , how come ? by the way it's also been discontinued.

should this be a red light?

thanks

• Moderators

Just want to say welcome.

I don't have an answer for you because I have only heard the Quintet and not the others. The Quintets sound good but they definitely need a sub for the lower frequencies.

If your room is small, or even medium size if you don't like it really loud, the Quintets sound really good considering there size, I have to say I was really surprised from such a small speaker. Take you time and read as much as you can to find what is best for you. I found it's better to buy a little at a time and this way you can get something better than what can be done all at once which saves money in the end.

Someone her may be able to help.

The1000 is no longer available, so the price is lower. It has a stronger amp in the subwoofer. I have the HD 500 and it is a very nice HT. Clean sound with plenty of volume when you want it to get loud. The sub is the key to the system. I replaced my HT so the HD 500 is in the basement for now until I can sell it. The HD 500 filled my HT which is 18X20 without lacking anything for movies or music. It is especially great for music due to the sub. Any of these 3 systems will be nice.

First of all don't get the bose. Second if you're most worried about sound quality and with your size of space I would recommend the quintets. I've installed them for both my brother and best friend and they are a pretty impressive little speaker. Now you'll still have to buy a sub with these but your results will be much better than either the hd1000 or 500.