xbmc vs winamp vs wmp

The Dude

I was using winamp for lossless format, so it is all ready on my comp. But I want to be able to control it from my phone, so far I haven't seen anything were I can control it just move songs to my phone. So I was looking at xbmc which looks like I can use a some sort of controller with this product. Or does anyone know of any controllers for Windows media player.

Thanks

Nick

Check out JRiver Media Center 17. I believe they have something called Gizmo that allows MC to be controlled from an Android phone. They have another remote application call Tremote. I have no experience with either.

I have foundJRiver to be an outstanding Media Organizer as well as an extremely high SQ player. They also have an excellent and helpful forum.

Rod

what kind of phone do you have Nick? I can control winamp from my android phone and tablet. there's a couple of programs available in the Android Market.

"Remote Control" and "Playa Control", they both have their respective plugins and work pretty well. Your library will show up on your phone, lets you queue up songs, create playlists and adjust the volume. It's not as fully featured as winamp but pretty cool. let me know if you need any help of have any questions.

what kind of phone do you have Nick? I can control winamp from my android phone and tablet. there's a couple of programs available in the Android Market.

"Remote Control" and "Playa Control", they both have their respective plugins and work pretty well. Your library will show up on your phone, lets you queue up songs, create playlists and adjust the volume. It's not as fully featured as winamp but pretty cool. let me know if you need any help of have any questions.

HTC evo 4, I will take a look tomorrow if I get a chance. If I have music on my windows media player, I know they might not be fully losseless or as much as they would have been if I put them all on winamp but if I decide to move all my libary that is on WMP to winamp is there a easy way to do so and will it change any of the format.

thanks

HTC evo 4, I will take a look tomorrow if I get a chance. If I have music on my windows media player, I know they might not be fully losseless or as much as they would have been if I put them all on winamp but if I decide to move all my libary that is on WMP to winamp is there a easy way to do so and will it change any of the format.

thanks

just import the directories into winamp nick, you don't need to worry about it changing the file format, if the format isn't supported right off (which would be odd) just look around for a plugin.