Experiences with VUDU?

Rudy81

I use vudu streaming more than Blockbuster streaming due to the delays in blockbuster on my 2 Mb connection. Vudu allows SD, HD, and HDX which is blue ray level. Each is $1 more than it's lower bandwidth counterpart ($2.99, $3.99 and $4.99). If you have 2Mb bandwidth, you can watch Vudu starndard with no interruptions. IMO, it is fine with my 55" LED from 12' away.

To see what bandwidth you have go to speakeasy and run the speed test. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Watched my first VUDU HDX movie via the Oppo. Tremendous picture! Great player so far. I was not able to get HD audio formats for some reason, perhaps some setting I missed during the initial setup.

Good deal...After a few tweaks I'm sure you'll get the right setting.

btw.....your room looks amazing!!

Good deal...After a few tweaks I'm sure you'll get the right setting.

btw.....your room looks amazing!!

After a little research, it seems that the highest audio transmission for VUDU is DD plus. They apparently cannot or do not transmit the HD versions of DD or DTS. That's a bummer. I will use VUDU in a pinch, but otherwise it will be Blu Ray for sure.

Thanks for the compliment on the room. I actually need to update the pictures since I have changed things quite a bit since those photos. I now use different main HF sections and am currently working on room acoustics again. I have relocated the audio gear to the back of the room and upgraded the pj.

BTW, although the picture was outstanding for streaming content, there was once scene in which I noted some artifacts. I don't know if that is due to the movie content, or the HDX compression. The new Oppo and projector do an amazing job with a Blu Ray disk in terms of picture quality and minimum to no artifact issues. HDX does a great job of streaming HD content, but the lack of HD audio is a big minus in my book.