Question about cable for the RW-12D

rotharmy

Greetings I am hooking up my new system (Klipsch RF82II's with the RW-12d Powered Subwoofer) and when I opened the box I noticed that there was a power cord, but no cord to go from the sub pre-out (Black connector) of the back of my Marantz reciever to the RW-12d.
Questions

1. Do they normally not include a cord?|
2. Can someone point a good one out for me on Amazon? The only thing I have around me is a Walmart and a PX (Military). Is it something I should be able to pick up there?

Thanks in advance....

1. Do they normally not include a cord?|

Generally they don't. I suppose they figure the user is in a better position to figure out what length cable they need rather than putting a 10 foot cable in with every sub and hoping it's adequate.

2. Can someone point a good one out for me on Amazon? The only thing I have around me is a Walmart and a PX (Military). Is it something I should be able to pick up there?

It's definitely something you can pick up at Walmart. From Amazon, it depends on what length you want, but something like this would do just dandy.

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-PR152-Audio-Subwoofer/dp/B00008VSKL/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1324491144&sr=8-15

I'm also a fan of Monoprice

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236&cs_id=1023603&p_id=6306&seq=1&format=2

I agree with the monoprice recommendation. Every wire in my system came from them ( i.e. speaker wire, rca for subs, hdmi, banana plugs, everything)

The insulting argument from cable companies is that "You spent a lot of money on those components you owe it to yourself to use this $170 interconnect. Its diamond platted!" TOTAL GARBAGE

Monoprice all the way.