Almost finished my theater room

guitarman

Thought I'd post a few pics taken last weekend. Still a work in progress...have to hang sound absorbers (have to cover the OC703 first), hang pics and generally finish up. Still need to put a curtain or door over the equipment closet. BTW, I calibrated the PJ yesterday. Waaaaaayy better PQ now. These were taken with the lights on obviously.

Front LR - La Scala

Center - KT LCR

Front Wide - Forte II

Front High - SS .5

Surround - RS 3

Surround Back - SS 1

Subs - 2 x DIY Dayton HF 12's

post-22774-13819684197582_thumb.jpg

Ahhhh, thought about putting a mini fridge by the sink but really there is not enough room for it.

The "TV" signal is actually a DIY HTPC. I watch alot of movies that are on my server (next to me now at the other end of the house). I only use an antenna here at home. Haven't felt the need for cable or sat. Those pics were taken off the cuff, BTW from a cell phone. I'm gonna break down and take some better ones soon......

Thanks for the kind comments. I can point to every flaw in the room, but having it finally usable has been great (although it makes fixing those flaws more difficult!).

The screen is 120". I was initially going to go with a 106", but then decided to go big or go home. Funny thing is, when I finished putting the screen together, the first thing I said to my wife was "I thought it would be bigger".

There a calculators online for different brands/models of projectors for distance and height. This one is a Benq W6000. It is about 15' from the screen. I think the specs say 14' to 17' so you just put it anywhere within that zone.

awesome room, a LaScala center should be on your wish list and then you will be in home theater heaven

i had k-horns for 20 years and used every center channel from a rc-3 to a heresy to a vertical cornwall to a belle and finally the best center match was a lascala. you will not believe the sound with all 3 front matching

awesome room, a LaScala center should be on your wish list and then you will be in home theater heaven

i had k-horns for 20 years and used every center channel from a rc-3 to a heresy to a vertical cornwall to a belle and finally the best center match was a lascala. you will not believe the sound with all 3 front matching

The BenQ W6000 is a fine projector, indeed. I am waiting for the W7000 to hit the shelves, because that is most likely what I am buying. It will be used for movies, games, and HD TV, as well as the interface for my preamp, and perhaps the occasional PC screen.

It is a great projector. The W7000 is gonna be alot more pricey...[:(]. But it will have 3D [:D]. I'll let that technology simmer a little longer before I jump onboard.

I don't think I could get another La Scala under the screen......(but I do find myself checking Ebay at least once a week.....). Those yellow things are OC703 panels I need to wrap and figured out where to hang (all six). Oh well, another day.

post-22774-13819684269314_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I don't think I could get another La Scala under the screen......(but I do find myself checking Ebay at least once a week.....).

It would be nice to find a split LaScala, the top could sit like your center with the bass bin on the side of it. [:P]