Best material to paint glossy black piano?

Arash

hi there

I just started a new Cornscala and I wan finish it in glossy black piano... I want to know what is the best material to achieve this? I think bare MDF is the best choice but you high-experienced guy's opinion is a matter of high importance to me and appreciated

something like this:(who knows which user built this?)

ag8869j1elbjagn2vb7v.jpg

I'd say laminate. I don't think paint is going to get that glossy (as the photo). If you're set on painting, then I'd say you'll have to use a base coat clear coat two stage to get that much shine.

thanks dude

laminate wont be very good IMHO... I have a good paint spray... I can use cellulose undercoat... do you think bare MDF (MDF without finish) is good to do this?

can you gimme a clue about the painting proccess? what should I do after using base coat?

WOW! nice... what undercoat and primer did you use? can you give me your process? (from undercoat to sanding to painting and final layer)

someone recommended to apply a layer of PVA glue 50/50 diluted with water and let it dry and then sand and again PVA and sand and then undercoat ...

what is you idea?

WOW! nice... what undercoat and primer did you use? can you give me your process? (from undercoat to sanding to painting and final layer)

someone recommended to apply a layer of PVA glue 50/50 diluted with water and let it dry and then sand and again PVA and sand and then undercoat ...

what is you idea?

I built the box, bondo'd the imperfections (and screw hoes) and sanded the snot out of it till it was smooth. I then took it to my buddy to paint. He shot it with an automotive primer, sanded it, primed and sanded it again. The worst part was getting the end grain not to show. It then got hit with a black base coat, checked for imperfections and then several coats of clear coat were applied. The final finish was done with buffing and polishing. Basically it was just like painting several body panels on a car.