SVS13Ultra v Velodyne 15+

shake777

Ultimately, it comes down to what you think gives you the best performance for your purposes. I would expect that you can get an audition of a Velo 15+, and I would also expect given your location, that if you put feelers out there, you can get an audition of the PB13+ as well. Get a little personal time with both, and go from there.

In terms of raw output capability vs distortion, you'd need to look towards the bigger and even costlier 18+ for something approaching a fair fight against the PB13U; this comparison simply highlights the advantage a large vented sub has over a smaller sealed model. About the only thing the Velo 15+ offers over the SVS is on the electronics side.

well Nezff, Brunt, and myself are all getting A7-450's here shortly. Nezff are slightly custom with the size of the cabinets I think. We can let you know how they sound.

All, It seems as if no one thinks the Velo15+ is the way to go.

*Disclosure*

I have not heard either sub so what I have to say means absolutely nothing. I have heard Youthman's Velodyne HGS15 so I do have somewhat of a template to gauge my perception of what the DD-15+ starting point is.

Not all vote that way. I think if you want raw deep spl's that shake your foundation to no end while still being able to also produce music accurately, the SVS13Ultra is the way to go. If your priorities are dead on accurate tight fast musical notes that high end sealed subs are most known for and with the abililty to hold it's own when it comes to HT, the Velodyne may be the best choice between the two. I think the DD15+ may blend better tonally with your Paradigm Sub12 being both are sealed boxes, just my guess.

I think noting the strengths of these two phenominal subs, you can't go wrong with either.

Performance/cost ratio easily goes to the SVS.

Good looks goes to the Paradigm.

Velodyne DD-15 Plus Subwoofer, Walnut, No Grille

Bill