KLF 20 rocking again

t-man

After much thought and consideration, I have finally assembled my KLF 20s and put them in service during the past several days. I'm very satisfied. I gutted them and had a wood working friend of mine glue in 1x1 strips from top to bottom in all 4 corners to seal up the seams. It is very solid now. I even cut up some wood to install some internal bracing, but after trying to figure out where to put it all decided to just leave it as it was stock. I had Crites rebuild my crossovers, and when the Ti diaphragms are available again, I will use those as well.

The speakers are in place and sound really good. I can't make them resonate and I carefully adjusted the feet/spikes to balance on my carpet covered concrete floor. They are very stable and aren't moving at all during loud bassy music. I'd say they are good, and am satisfied that I did enough to improve them without overbuilding them.

As for Bob Crites, I am very pleased with the turnaround and professionalism of his business. Quick and detailed responses to all my emails, and he was super fast to get them back to me. I look forward to trying the Ti Diaphragms in the 20s and my C7 when they become available again.

P1020148-006.jpg

P1020144-002.jpg

P1020145-003.jpg

P1020178-027.jpg

P1020159-009.jpg

• 1 month later...