Klipsch QRP OakOil 19

oblazar

Those are GREAT speakers! If I ever find a mint oiled oak pair, I will be using them as rear surrounds to go along with the Chorus fronts.

Your going to like them.

Let us know how it goes............

Take care

Mike

WOW!

Got them today.

The sound is AMAZING!

Those horns really plays the music straight into your heart.. too bad i got a sucky receiver.. A Pioneer VSX-D510.. mayba play's 5% of what the speakers can handle Wink.gif

The rear bass get's kind of sloppy when i play really loud, but i bet my head that's the receiver's fault.

My mother keeps complaining though.. The paintings keeps falling off the walls Wink.gif

*pray to klipsch*

Crank up some of Moms music too, maybe she won't get so bothered about the pictures flyin' around. I had to put double sided tape under the knick-knacks for cryin' out loud. This was after I broke one of the little womans porcelain fishy's. Man, did I get in trouble. She says "Your 39 years old and act like a kid with that stuff".......Can you believe it??!!

Nice speakers!

Put a little money in a good amplifier, and you'll get even better sound out of those Quartets. Klipsch speakers really show you differences in what is hooked up to them, all the way down the audio chain. There are many options here, some of which are very cost effective. You'll not be complaining of loose bass if you doSmile.gif

Enjoy them!

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

Mmmkay!

Thank's a lot. I'll try to get a good reciever in a while.. but haven't really got the money right now.. too bad though. Really want to wake up the neighbourhood this summer.. I'm 17, so the parties is still going Wink.gif

cwm44.gif

oblazar - using your current receiver is not the end of the world, replacing it was just a suggestion. I wanted you to be aware that more improvements are available to you, since you have a set of speakers that are good enough to make it pay off. Remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day"Smile.gif

You now own a set of speakers that will allow you to hear the difference in electronics. Much of the mass market speakers out there wont show those differences. You will also notice the differences in the quality of recordings. With the receiver, it's not about "raw power" per se - it's about clean power.

The point here is to help you get the most out of your new Klipsch. You are off to a great start!

oblazar,

I can say first hand that Quartets provide wonderful music for their size. You've been given some very good advice and with a little TLC, you'll be able to pass those jewels on to your offspring. Take your time and update components wisely. Ohmake sure you protect them at your parties....water or beverage stains can easily discolor their finish.

Enjoy,

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 05-17-2002 at 07:37 AM

Okay, thanks.

Now to the sound SOURCE.

Playing only from my computer. Got a soundblaster Live! card. Using digital out (not optical). Should I change this? Will I hear the difference with optical cables through an Audigy card? Also using a cheap jack-to-stereo-composite cable. should change cable if not change to optical?

I would not place a lot of effort or resources on PC improved sound. I would aggressively save my dollars and put them toward getting good dedicated audio only amplification and source components. As many have said here, Klipsch speakers are merciless at revealing less than stellar sources in the total chain, as well as poorly produced media.

You can also check out local garage sales, pawn shops, classified listings and flee markets. Many members have found rare and worthwhile vintage components.

Patience and continued searches can be rewarding.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

New Receiver..

Bought a new receiver today.. The sound is much better now, and the bass is VERY much more "kicky".

Now got a Sony STR-DB925 (same as 930 and 940).

Paid 3500 NOK ((about 400 dollars) I'm from Norway)

I've got a REALLY SUCKY Mark CD-player.. it cost me 60 bucks or so.. i'll try to get a good deal on a good cd-player... any recommendations for make or model ?

oblazar,

There hasn't been much talk lately on CD only players. Most conversations have been on changers that play DVD's, DVD-Audio or SACD Disc's as well as CD's.

You may want to go to the Main Forum Page and do a search of the 2 Channel area first and a subsequent one of the Home Theater area. You will no doubt find some previous topics that may be of interest. You can then determine which players are available within country for you and check their prices. You could also post a new thread in the 2 Channel area too.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>