Engine antifreeze. ?? For mechanic or someone with knowledge

joessportster

Some times you might just find a dusty white residue at the point of leaking.

But if it is changing the color of the coolant then it sounds like a head gasket. But that would normally make the engine run hot.

I don't know if I would trust any product that says it can fix a head gasket.

Liken it to a foam surround getting a crack in it.

Sure you might get a glue to work for a while but eventually it done.

Plus if it full on blows? Motor could be unfix-able.

When the system pressurizes, the antifreeze mixture may be getting onto the exhaust manifold. That makes for a strong odor outside, and a mild odor behind the firewall. You mentioned the condition of the heater hose going into the intake being bad. Perhaps under pressure it is leaking enough to hit that. If you had a cracked head or blown head gasket, it would be obvious as you stated before.

Once I had a heater core that had a weld problem at the firewall. The leak was inside the firewall. It caused this kind of condition. I think it was 78 Chevy pickup. The weld crack or whatever was caused by me stepping on the heater hose repeatedly while climbing around under the hood. It was a 4X4 3/4 ton, so that was the only way to work on the engine.

if you have no heat, sweet smell out of the exhaust, wite smoke out of exhaust on a warm day, either discolored engine oil or an accumalation of water in the oil pan, and small black droplets in your collent over flow tank.......this stuff will fix it. you have to follow the directions exactly...no short cuts.

post-22082-13819685857722_thumb.png