Klipschorn type k-357 finish and style codes

The Dude

Does anyone have a list of the finish and style codes on these older models, I have a 53' I thought the style and finish code was f 7 or maybe f 2, The finish was actually raw from what I can read on the tag. Looks like someone stained it with a purplish stain.

Duder,

If you open up the Dog House cover, normally somewhere in there, there should be a hand written note that will include the signature of the builder, serial number (which will probably be more legible than the outside tag) and "Made in Hope, Arkansas". Everyone of the 50's K Horns I have have this wrirtten somewhere inside the Dog House.

Hope this helps,

W. C.

Duder,

If you open up the Dog House cover, normally somewhere in there, there should be a hand written note that will include the signature of the builder, serial number (which will probably be more legible than the outside tag) and "Made in Hope, Arkansas". Everyone of the 50's K Horns I have have this wrirtten somewhere inside the Dog House.

Hope this helps,

W. C.

I can read the serial number on the tag and if I pulled the speaker out of the corner more I could read the stain, and wood type better. I can also read that it was made in hope Arkansas, in 1953.

I do have another khorn knock off that was made very nicely in 1957 which is also sign by the builder, I was watching that fellow who was thinking of selling his dads with the pi finish. Maybe someday I will find antoher close the same year. I know if it sounds just as good it shouldn't be a big deal but the collector in me feels the need to have the actuall thing.

Thanks for the input, now I just need to find someone local who can help me reveneer these.