all weather speakers

gto6

Its that time of year again for us northern folks to bring tunes to the outdoors. Has anybody been using the ca-8t all weather speakers........how is the low frequency on them. I've tried JBL, Altec and Polk all weathers and can't find a pair with a decent (how about any) low frequency. Any suggestions????? thanks.....Mark

You want a suggestion?...here it is:

Get yourself some good used LaScalas with handles in em...Industrial models...the best patio party speakers the company ever made! Just don't leave em out in the rain!!...or SNOW!!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Mark,

I own a pair of Niles OS-20 outdoor speakers and I have nothing but the higest praise for them.They sound nothing like most outdoor speakers-smooth sounding,excellent dispersion,and excellent bass response.

I replaced my outdoor Bose 151s (I know a person that works for Bose and got them half off before I hear any gripes Smile.gif )and it was like night and day.

What I will tell you is this-try to find a sealed set instead of a ported reflex pair (Bose,Boston Acoustics,Klipsch-even though they sound great)as the elements get to them as well as bees,spiders,ect.They may require more power to drive them but they'll last much longer.

Jeff

This message has been edited by JCturboT on 05-18-2002 at 01:24 PM

thanks Jeff, I've never herd of that manufacturer before. Are they available over the internet.....I live in a rural area and would have went with the La Scala idea, if they were weather proof.......

No speaker is totally weatherproof, but if you have a place to put the LaScalas out of the elements, and just use em outside whenever you want them...you won't find a better set-up than that!!...unless you "go all the way" and find a set of used MCM1900's for megabucks!!...LOL! Some of the Industrial LaScalas are fiberglassed, others have an industrial epoxy enamel on them...most have steel corners and aluminum edge trim. The advantage to LaScalas is that their folded horn woofer section projects bass well, even when out in the open!...so you can position them anywhere you want!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Mark,

You can check out Niles speakers at www.nilesaudio.com They are known mostly for their outdoor speakers as well as their speaker selectors.

They are available through Crutchfield (although not advertised through their catalogs-looks like Bose doesn't want the competition)as well as through Tweeter Etc.The OS-20 models sell for $499.99 a pair.I bought mine without even hearing them due to the praises of many.I got them off of e-bay sealed in their boxes for $305.00.It looks like their newer model the OS-25 is even better.Everone who hears them poolside praises their sound.

Jeff

This message has been edited by JCturboT on 05-20-2002 at 06:15 PM

Mark,

Let me know what you think of them when you get them.They may require a little more amplified power than some because they are a acoustic suspension speaker, but you'll be rewarded with a much better speaker better suited for the outdoors.

Jeff