A Good Deal?

kapsnb01

This is my first post here and I've got to say that I've been very impressed with the level of knowledge and helpfulness that I've seen on this forum. There is a lot of useful information here and I'm hoping to tap that to help myself out. I ran across an opportunity to get a pair of RF-62 (not the II series) speakers for $500. They're 3 years old and in excellent condition. I can't help but wonder though if this is a fair deal for these? In looking at Craigslist & Ebay, it appears so, but it's always nice to have another opinion. This will be my first pair of Klipsch speakers (always had JBL S studio series before). Currently running a Yamaha RX-V667 receiver...so, from what I read, that could be an issue as well.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

Brian

This is my first post here and I've got to say that I've been very impressed with the level of knowledge and helpfulness that I've seen on this forum. There is a lot of useful information here and I'm hoping to tap that to help myself out. I ran across an opportunity to get a pair of RF-62 (not the II series) speakers for $500. They're 3 years old and in excellent condition. I can't help but wonder though if this is a fair deal for these? In looking at Craigslist & Ebay, it appears so, but it's always nice to have another opinion. This will be my first pair of Klipsch speakers (always had JBL S studio series before). Currently running a Yamaha RX-V667 receiver...so, from what I read, that could be an issue as well.

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

Brian

Welcome to the forum! Regarding the RF-62s I would say that's a fair deal, not excellent but pretty good at the same time as long as the speakers are in the condition you say. I just picked up a pair of cherry rf-62ii last month for $550 that were in very good condition. You might be able to find a better deal if you're patient but if it's what you really want I wouldn't pass them up. Someone else I'm sure can chime in and offer their opinion.

I'm gonna say too much, I sold new rf 82II's for $600 several weeks back.I saw a pair of 62's local for $300 a few months back, that was a good deal.Like the guys said, don't rush and you'll find a deal.

As to the Yamaha, I hate em', but my 1065 sounds great(would never buy but $200 new).I bought an Aventage on the strength of the 1065 and it sucked, so who knows which ones sound good? Try it, you may like it.