Not quite what I thought

cdub5

No, short version.Local you try to deal but they won't, you buy but decide you paid more than you think they are worth, you return and look for cheaper deal.Second you may get a deal and decide to keep em' since it was only a little more, third, you don't like and return for refund.

So how much room do they need?

I could be wrong, but at least 18-24 inches from the back wall. Mine are two foot off the wall.

Since I probably won't have up to 2 ft of space to work with, can I put t

The 82's sort of in the corner, diagonally facing the center of the listening area or is this a bad move?

I could be wrong, but at least 18-24 inches from the back wall. Mine are two foot off the wall.

The 82's sort of in the corner, diagonally facing the center of the listening area or is this a bad move?

Sorry about the multiple posts. Doing this from a phone that went crazy. So, just looked up the return policy at the store I listened to the speakers at, and its pretty crappy. They reserve the right to refuse any return, charge a 20-50% restocking fee! Crazy. Also says they won't except returns on product that they order specifically for you. Considering I would need them to oder My rc 62 cuz all they had was the 52, doesn't do well for me. The challenge continues

Vanns.com doesn't have restocking fees if returned within somethng like 2 weeks after you recieved them. You just pay return shipping. They will price match but you have to call them. Great company to deal with! I returned a sub that I wasn't satisfied with for a full refund no questions asked. Vanns is awesome!

So I just got back from a magnolia store. Got to listen to a couple different speakers. Unfortunately, Klipsch wasn't one of them. I did get to listen to some B&W 683's, and 684's towers along with an HTM 61, and HTM 62 center. They sounded nice, but the most I could afford would be the 683's with the better 62 center. Apparently the 683 is the entry level and the 684 is a step up. Same deal with the centers. Either way, they would be more than I would pay for the RF 82II's and RC 62II's I've been focusing on. I could even get about a $300 dollar sub with the klipsch set up, for the same price I would pay for the 683 and the 62. All this being said, they did sound nice. Nothing overlly aggresive. Smooth. I asked him to put on a speaker that would give me at least an "idea" of the "brightness" factor of the klipsh. He put on both, Martin Logan motion 12, and he also put on a definitive tech, not sure of model, but it was on sale for $3000 for a pair of towers. Both these sets were considerably sharper, "brighter" sounding than the B&W. He told me the klipsch would be even brighter than these. Thing is, I kinda liked the more aggresive, louder sound of the other speakers, but at the same time it did feel very sharp in my ears. I was sampling with Transformers 2, and when there was a crash, and screaming, it was louder more in your face than the B&W's, but it felt like my ear drums were spasming, struggling a little, sort of adjusting to the sharpness. So, my options are, 1. buy the B&W's, but pay more for their "entry level" speakers than I would for "upper-ish" level klipsch, (relatively speaking, and within my means). Since it's magnolia, I have the 30 day return option. 2 If I want to stick with klipsch, I plan on getting them from Vanns, since they have a 15 day plus return policy. Vanns told me they would even be willing to go up to 25 days, and they would offer me the return shipping label, which would save me 50% or more on shipping. Completely guesstimating, they said return shipping would be around $50. Thoughts? Was the magnolia rep correct in his statement that the klipsch are as bright if not brighter than the Martin Logan, or Def tech. The brighter sounds made the action of the movie better, but would I make it through the whole movie like that? Not sure. He was running all the speakers off of a lower end Denon, which he said was somewhat comparable to my Yamaha rxv671. Hope he wasn't BS-ing me, or switching when I wasn't looking. Seemed like an honest guy.

<edit> my apologies, had my model numbers mixed up. the 683 and the 61 are the higher end models. My bad. So the best I would be able to afford would be the 684 towers with the 61 center.

I have never heard the other speakers you mentioned so I couldn't give you any comparisons between those and the Klipsch. I can tell you that I have been very happy with every Klipsch speaker I have owned. I started out with the F-3s when I knew basically nothing about Klipsch and even those sounded pretty good. Nothng compared to the higher end Ref line but I was happy. From there I just kept buying and selling gear and am still "upgrading." Not because I'm unhappy with my speakers but because I am addicted to Klipsch. I blame it all on Daryl Lomer [:D] I say just go with the Klipsch. You will be satisfied!