novis home theatre question

Framer

I have had my system for many years and I am looking for a replacement av reciever. I have a Denon avr 2500 that has a burnt up amp so I'm told. The speakers I used were all Klipsh. I have Chorus II mains, kv 1.5 shelves, sw 15 subwoofer powered and a kv 4 center. I was told my reciever wasn't enough for all my speakers and that is why the amp whent out. The avr reciever lasted about eight years and stoped working. I am looking to buy a new reciever, does anyone have any sugestions for a good one ?

help would be much appreciated,

Well price is an issue, but I would like to know all that is availible. Can I find a av reciever that can handel my speakers? or do I have to get som other equipment. I would appreciat any advise or sites I can reserch. Buying online is fine with me.

Go to accessories4less and look at the Onkyo 609 if you want the best for the cheapest.They also have others, including Denon, most all are HDMI capable, it's just a matter of price and features.Now if you're a music guy that's a whole another issue as it's gonna take more work, and money.

It says on the display Protection. I was told buy a tecnition it was a blown amp. I am just now taking my stereo out of mothball after maybe ten years. My Denon avr 2500 was not operational and so I have had it packed away. I really am unsure whats wrong with it. I just talked to a guy today who figigured it was a bad amp.

Klipsch speakers are very efficient meaning that it takes a lot less power to get to a certain volume level than those less efficient. I find it very unlikely to improbable that your amp was damage by your speaker (assuming that the speakers functioning properly and there are no shorted wires).

The price range of AVR that will handle your speakers range from here to the moon. What features are required; HDMI? 7.1 or 11.2? How big is your display (need to know the quality of the video chip required, I assume you are using an HDTV). Is this mainly for movies? How big is your room and how loud do you like it?

A little help here please, we can spend your $100 on a perfectly fine used Sony without HDMI or several thousand on the newest AVR and either one of these would power your Klipsch just fine.

Edit: Slow typist here, I see you are are already getting help. WARNING; stay around here you will spend money

I'd trash the Den on, you can buy a used one for less than the repair bill.I sold one several generations newer years ago for $200.Get an HK if you really care about music and don't want to break the bank.Still, the Onkyo 609, 708, 808 are good buys.You might want to look at Audiogon too, under receivers.

The 3600 or 3650 would be a good choice, at about $5-700 not the cheapest though.The 354 can be found for about $350 from HK on eBay as a refurb, similar to the 3600.I would still look at the Onkyo's, best bang for the buck leader, just giving up a little on music maybe, but great HT.