What speakers?

baloney

Hi, in a recent move, I lost a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers (they sounded great to my ears) and now I'm looking to replace them or maybe upgrade. I've had the same set up for a long time, handed down to me from my grandfather. Got a Marrantz 2238b receiver and was wondering about what smaller Klipsch would work well with that receiver? Also, I'm planning on upgrading to a McIntosh receiver sometime in the future

I was looking at the Heresy speakers, but they are pretty pricey and thought it would be best to shop around first. Also, the Heresys seem pretty big for my small apartment... Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks.

Baloney,

Welcome to the forum.

Too bad about your loss but many great Klipsch speakers on the used market. With your Marantz 2238b, I suggest a pair of Heresys or Heresy II's(if you can afford). If not, look for a pair of KG2's, they can be found from $75.00 up to close to $200.00 on the used market. Very punchy bass with it's rear passive radiator. RB-5's would be a great choice if you are considering Reference over Heritage.

Where are you located? We will all help you find something in your area.

Bill

heresys would be a good set of speakers and will sound great with the marantz.

Baloney,

I would be all over these Decorator Heresys if I live in your neck of the woods.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/2817451977.html

Bill

I wouldn't recommend spending $400 on decorators. They look nice, but were the least expensive of the speakers. You could find some nicer walnut finish for the same dough. I recently sold two mint sets of walnut for less than that (each). Be patient.

I wouldn't recommend spending $400 on decorators.

I noted that I would buy them if I lived near.[:P] It is still not a bad price if in good shape.

They look nice, but were the least expensive of the speakers.

They were only the least expensive because they were not finished from the factory, not because of inferior parts. Decorators really don't come up that often for sale compared to the factory finished pairs.

Be patient.

Very good advice, don't just go buy the first pair someone suggests.[:#]

Bill