What would be the best next move for me?

blowndc

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this forum and high end stereo equipment. This forum has been very helpful. I've been building my first real HT system. I had a Bose Acoustimass system for years and decided to get rid of it and step up.

My system has been a budget build and I've been piecing it together. So far My system consist of:

RF-82s Fronts

RC-3 Center

SVS PC-12 Plus Subwoofer

Yamaha DSP-A1

I got the RF-82 and RC-3 barely used and not broken in yet for $425

I got the SVS PC-12 Plus for $420

The Yamaha DSP-A1 was given to me a few years ago to power the Bose speakers. It's a great reciever, the sound quality is great. However it's old technology now.

My current room set up is not optimal, as my TV and speaks are in a corner of the room. However, I'll be purchasing a new house within the next year and will be particular about an entertainment room layout.

My question is what would be more of a benefit to me or what will I notice the most result with? Upgrading the Yamaha DSP-A1 to a newer receiver, or getting some Klipsch RC42 or RC52 for surround speakers?

Oh the really funny thing is. When I had the Bose Acoustimass system, I thought it was nice that the sub would make picture frames rattle a little on wall. Once I hooked up the SVS. I felt earthquakes! Can't believe I use to think Bose was great.

Yes, many have been down that particular road.

My vote is for the speakers unles there is something the AVR isn't doing for you. My TV room gets the most workout of any of my systems and I have a (guessing) 10 year Yamaha 5.1 AVR on it. It still sounds great and I am not taxing what it is able to do.

That is, short of getting a new house.[:P]