Tube Tester In Ohio?

fwphoto

I've got a thread going in the Tech Forum about my ST-70 blowing fuses & it appears I need to get my tubes tested to see if that's part of the problem.

Can anyone suggest a shop that has a tube tester in northern Ohio? I live in a small, rural community but commute to the Cleveland/Akron area daily. I'll also be in the Cincinnati are in a couple of weekends if anyone has "local knowledge" there.

TIA,

Frank W.

Thanks! I'll try Firelands Radio this week. I'm not too far from Sandusky.

I forgot that Dayton is in another part of the state when I posted Tom's site!!! Glad to be of help. Most of the antique radio repairers/restorers that I know also do the same for tube amps. After all, a radio is simply a "tuner" coupled to an audio amplifier. They are a terrific source for amplifier work on a local level, and their work is often above and beyond what is needed (some of the guys even open up the old paper caps, install modern replacements inside, and reseal them to preserve the original underchassis appearance!)

Most of the antique radio repairers/restorers that I know also do the same for tube amps. After all, a radio is simply a "tuner" coupled to an audio amplifier. They are a terrific source for amplifier work on a local level, and their work is often above and beyond what is needed (some of the guys even open up the old paper caps, install modern replacements inside, and reseal them to preserve the original underchassis appearance!)

I'll definitely see if this guy works on vintage audio gear. Those kind of folks are getting pretty hard to find these days.

Frank W.