Man o man - changing caps on my Forte II

cnguyen

I am really having second thoughts on this... My Kilpisch forte II currently sounds better than my B&w 703s spkrs and I'm comtemplating changing caps on them. Am I going crazy. I tool a look at the the xover and noticed Klipsch stamps on each of the parts of the xover. I plan to change caps only on the xover and wonder if it's gonna the sound of my Foter II... Tough decision to make.

The decission is easy to make. Get another set of terminal cups whichfit or use a piece of wood as a temporary cover and terminal plate. Build real crossovers. Then you can compare the stock to the new one any rime easily. One of the forum members here who goes by SET12 has an excellent thread ofer at Audiokarma dot org. The thread is long but well worth your time to read. You should also seriously consider switching from phenolic compression driver diaphragms to all titanium diaphragms as this will take your Forte to the next level of performance simply notpossible with phenolic diaphragms. See link http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159340&highlight=forte+crossover+mod

Also have a look at a thread there in which there are some pictures on the 3&4 pages showing cabinet reinforcement to a set of Quartet cabinets and a set of KLF20 cabinets I did this past summer. The Quartet cabinets are identical to your Forte ll cabinets in all but height. Have a good look. You caan also re tune your passive radiators for better bass quality and extension. I hope that this all helps.

Last but not least welcome to the Klipsch forum which is one of the finest destinations on the www. Welcome home where we love Klipsch and Klipsch will never let you down.

Best regards Moray James.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=372783&highlight=klf20