RB-81 or RS-41II

gsxr1000

Just got my RF-7II and RC-64II and don't have the funds for RS-62IIs right now. My local Craigslist has a set of RB-81s for $300 and there's a set of RS-41IIs for $295 obo. What would be the better choice? It will be used mainly for movies. Music I'll just use the fronts.

IMHO, 81's for 300 is a great deal, but some of this depends on placement.

The place we're at right now is very small but I still enjoy cranking em up when the wife is not home. The room is 12x16 but I have spots for bookshelves or surrounds.

There's no room behind the sitting area so they would have to go directly to the sides of where you'd sit.

The next post I want to read from you is that you picked them up and they sound awesome. I have a standing creed that I buy every pair of RB 5's for under $200 if they're in good shape and I would add to that 81's for $300 or under in good shape, so get on it.

The next post I want to read from you is that you picked them up and they sound awesome. I have a standing creed that I buy every pair of RB 5's for under $200 if they're in good shape and I would add to that 81's for $300 or under in good shape, so get on it.

roger that

get the 81's, the soundstage it produces is much larger but it depends on placement. If they are for rears thats good, side surrounds it may be more beneficial to get the actual surrounds.

There's no place to put speakers behind the sitting area so it will be directly to the sides. That's why I was leaning more towards the surrounds but that is a steal for the 81s

Those look great. I too think you will be very pleased with them. I've owned the RB-61's and RB-35's, both great speakers.

Just curious...why did he try and raise the price? Did he get a lot of calls?

I have owned RB-51s and RB-61s and enjoyed those so I'm sure these will sound great.

The listing said $199 so I asked if it was for the pair and he said each. I said okay good deal but I'll pass. He called back and said he'd take $300. When I called back to say I wanted them he said oh I thought I said $350 but then he remembered he said $300. He said he got numerous people who wanted them for $400 but all flakers. Glad I jumped on it

Nice score man, they look awesome. I'm gonna have to wait for awhile till I get my surrounds, but hopefully I'll be to get a good find like you did, congrats again.

Thanks! Keep your eyes open on Craigslist. Your bound to find something. Now I just need a solid sub. I can get a RSW-15 for $600 but was trying to hold off for an SVS. I might just get the rsw-15 for now

Nice score man, they look awesome. I'm gonna have to wait for awhile till I get my surrounds, but hopefully I'll be to get a good find like you did, congrats again.

Thanks! Keep your eyes open on Craigslist. Your bound to find something. Now I just need a solid sub. I can get a RSW-15 for $600 but was trying to hold off for an SVS. I might just get the rsw-15 for now

That's probably a good bet. I doubt you'd have a difficult time turning around and selling it when the time comes.

That's probably a good bet. I doubt you'd have a difficult time turning around and selling it when the time comes.

Probably not a big deal but it doesn't come with a grill. They are hard to find too but definitely not a deal breaker