Humming from synergy-10 subwoofer..

yavozerb

Why does my sub have a low pitched humming noise when not being used? The location I really want to place it has pre existing speaker wire placed with an rca adapters and unfortunatly this is the same spot I get the humming. When I place the speaker right next to my reciever and use regular rca wiring all is good. Is it the wiring or the location that is the problem and any idea's how I can fix this? thanks

not sure..I think you may be right on the wiring since no other speaker has this problem..The wall that the speaker wire is in is facing the back patio and only about a 1 ft high before really tall windows line the wall and there is an outlet around 1 foot away from where wire comes out of the wall .Anything that can be done to help this problem? My rca adapters were pretty simple, 2 wires (neg. and pos.) tied to speaker wire..

Good question...I actually only have maybe 6 ft then a 90 degree bend and another 6-8 feet to the where wire can be run too..Access is not an issue as I can get to speaker wire in room behind entertainment center. Please tell me this is possible as I think this may be my only option as well.

I'm not there, so I can't tell you if it's possible or not, it was merely a suggestion.

If you pull on one end, does the wire move freely or is there significant resistance? If it moves freely, you may be able to pull it off with one person feeding the RCA and the other person pulling the spaeker wire. A couple thingsto keep in mind. The wire and the cable MUST be secured together. I normally overlap them about 6" and tightly electrical tape the 2 together. If they come apart in the wall your screwed. Don't leave the RCA end exposed or it may catch, wrap it up till it comes to a point. Secondly, don't pull hard when your connected wires come to the corner, rather go back and forth gently with the other person till you feel it get easy again. Liquid soap on the tape after it's installed may help glide it along also.

Good luck!