ALK ES5800 Networks in my La scala's

kg4guy

Very impressive..............what network were you using before this as the basis for comparison?

I'm doing a build of the AP12-500 & the Ap15-6K to replace my uni's. I wasn't sure if the ES type were for me, in regards to the steep slope, so have gone for a middle of the road version with the AP series......very interested to hear your subjective comments on the performance of the ES.

No problem very cool these are my first ALK built networks his work is meticulous sound is very good however the ALK DIY Jrs I built sound good also but they have the T2A autoformer not the 3619 thats has the perfect mid attenuation X-4 -5.5 db I was using 0-3 -6db it's a little too much .

You can get the 3619's from Universal Transformer Company (UTC) in Farmersviklle, TX. Just give them a call and they will sell direct. Al does an outstanding job of building the crossovers and they are a work of art.

I wanted to build something that I could use between several sets (portable) and the above is what I came up with. It has the ES 400 and 5800 intergrated on the same board. All wiring is on the bottom side and the Tweeter attenuation is a very nice feature. I thought it was going to be an easy project but it really took a lot of time laying them out, as they are mirror images of each other. Being able to plot them out in CAD really helped, once i got everything layed out and it also was easy to do the scale drilling templates. Again, I will start a thread next week sometime.....Just wanted something that was pleasing to the eye and not on three seperate boards. I was really inspired by Rigma's passives that he has hanging on his walls.

Very impressive..............what network were you using before this as the basis for comparison?

I'm doing a build of the AP12-500 & the Ap15-6K to replace my uni's. I wasn't sure if the ES type were for me, in regards to the steep slope, so have gone for a middle of the road version with the AP series......very interested to hear your subjective comments on the performance of the ES.

I had the ALK Jrs in them with the T2A autoformers with 3619 autoformer they may sound similar but I had Mundorf caps and Hovlands with Solen in the ALK Jrs.