loudest?

psyke

i just bought another pair of Pro 2.1 recently, and i personally think that it's louder and have more bass than the pm 4.1

i was wondering what if i hook up 2 sets of Logitechs, would it be the loudest system of all? even the BA7800?

Since the Logi is the cheapest

Why bother with cheapie multimedia speakers?

You want LOUD dont you?

Get a pair of RF-7's and two SVS Ultras with two Crown amps(one for mainsthe other for the subs) and you are set.You will get all the loudness you can stand down to 20Hz to beyond your ears ability to hear.

cwm4.gif

And you will have dynamics and clarity no multimedia chumpie can match.The dynamic range will knock you out at 0:10 of round one. LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 05-26-2002 at 10:59 AM

Gluegun, i mean pm 4.2 when i say ANOTHER pair of 2.1.

TheEAR, I know they're great and way off better than the PC setup.No Doubt.

I have a question for you, can I just hook the SVS sub to my current ProMedia 4.2 setup??

quote:

Originally posted by psyke:

Gluegun, i mean pm 4.2 when i say ANOTHER pair of 2.1.

TheEAR, I know they're great and way off better than the PC setup.No Doubt.

I have a question for you, can I just hook the SVS sub to my current ProMedia 4.2 setup??

no... but yes. if you have a 5.1 soudnc ard, you would set it to 5.1 and hook the sub output (which is center/sub, so make it from mini stereo to RCA stereo) to the SVS sub and your set. however, you will lose your center channel in movies, so you will never hear ppl talk in dvd's. also, you would blow away the midrange and the rest of the promedia system with SVS bass. It would be too much, though very tight and clean, too much. that is MHO.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

First of all, thanks justin for the respond to this.

You mean I will lose my center channel?

But with my current 4.2 setup, still I didn't hook any Input to the center/sub Output, but I'm getting center channel(not true center I know) from the speakers and did hear ppl talk in DVDs, how bout' this?

Must I set it to 5.1? What if I set it to 4.1, will this works?

I know if I hook a SVS to the promedia or any other PC system, it would be TOOOO much.

But I think I'll try this out one day... Smile.gif

Well well

In my mid quality,PC speaker system(Synergy line)powered by Celeste amps(!)I use now two Carver Knight Shadow subs and one Mark II!This is helacious output,I can turn any techno tune up and feel the deep bass thru the bones.Its awe inspiring

My Sunfire Mark II is on vacation as the new Mark IV will replace it in the HT room.

Can you hook your PM 4.2 with the SVS ,yes you can.But why the SVS or any potent sub will have to be cut very low(below 40Hz) where the PM starts to fall off.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

what i meant by losing the center channel...

when set to 5.1 output, the comptuer puts the center channel sound from DVD's to only the center channel, with a 4.1 stting, it is spread to the front two speakers. so, when set to 5.1, you will not get the vocals in movies because they are being sent to a channel that has no speaker connected to it.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Yo, gluegun, feel like givin me your source for that 113? I don't believe that, I assume you took that number from a site, and in that case, compare that to the numbers on other sites, with logitech at 114, louder than the ba, and Klipsch 5.1 at 113. These numbers are unreachable in real world performance, or even in test tones, just random peaks. I'd like to hear if you did some tests yourself or if you read that in a respectable review. BTW, I think the sirocco pro could break 113. On 3dss, it peaked at 112 in the 1 khz test tone, but w/o distortion, I think the system could be pushed a little harder with a hp amp hooked up between the sound card and the system, the system didn't have enough gain to reach its real limit. I am willing to bet that it can play real world levels of over 110, possibly real world over 113. When I say real world I mean, not a test tone, something you would actually play while listening to speakers.