Surrounds for RF7IIs / RC64II

TasDom

I'm currently using my VS14's for surrounds and they are so so for now. I will upgrade to RS62II's once my budget permits.

My question is, will RS3's be a big improvement over the VS14's? There is a pair in excellent condition on my local CL for 150.00 and am wondering if this would be more of a lateral move or a big improvement on what I'm using now.

As always, thanks for your thoughts and any input!

A buddy of mine had owed me a bit of money and he finally paid so I got the approval from SWMBO-( 7 months married and i already got that down ) and I pulled the trigger on a pair of the 62 II's. I called Mike up from acoustic sound design and he hooked me up since I had purchased my 7's and 64 from him. When you get some money I'd give him a call and see what deal you could arrange for yourself.

I was half way over to the appointment with cash in hand and decided to just put the cash aside for RS62's. I still went to look at them as a courtesy and they could of passed for brand new. He understood and had another buyer waiting but since I called first, he gave me first right of refusal.

Anyways, I'll be better off limping with what I have and waiting for what I really want and also what best matches my fronts.

Mike at ASD did make me a nice offer when I ordered the RF7s but the wife shot it down. I was lucky to get her blessings on the towers and center and didn't wanna push my luck or pull my suitcase.[:#]

A pair of RS 3's for 150 is a great deal regardless if they are less than the RS 62's. Keep in mind that they are surround speakers and I've run RS 7's and RP's and RF 35's as surrounds and when you get down to brass tack's, they are surrounds and any quality speaker will sound fine if matched close to the mains.

In general matching speaker sets is the way to go. Beside a larger sound stage with the 62's , seeing that they are surround I don't think you will get a WOW factor like new mains, center, or sub. Your SPL should be about equal from the VS 14- RS 62ii in your system. If you don't get the 62's will you be left wanting? I like the aesthetics of a system as much as the sound.