Heresy Grills?

DizRotus

The forum's ClaudeJ1 gave me a Klipsch Forum cash & carry discount (see http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/160327.aspx) on a pair of Heresy speakers. I'm refurbishing them as a graduation present for my son. I'm looking for grills, fabric and badges--yes we do need stinkin' badges.

After wasting several years, and thousands of dollars, at Western Michigan University, at 22 he suddenly joined the US Army. During 4 years he served in Germany and Afghanistan. Upon discharge, he enrolled in George Washington University, as a more marture person and a more serious student. To honor his service and achievement I want to present him with a nice pair of Heresy speakers.

If you have any of the grill components, please contact me by PM or email with cost information.

Bob Crites can cut new grill boards and also has black OEM fabric. Another possible source on Heresy grills is groomlakearea51. It might be three or more years ago he posted on building those and he sent me a pair at the time. They are very nice turn key jobs. It seems like it wasn't long after that he was no longer available to fabricate those. Sorry to be so vague. So that's a long shot. Don't know if he would be able to provide those now. BTW, those are very nice pie slice logos on Ebay.

The forum's ClaudeJ1 gave me a Klipsch Forum cash & carry discount (see http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/160327.aspx) on a pair of Heresy speakers. I'm refurbishing them as a graduation present for my son. I'm looking for grills, fabric and badges--yes we do need stinkin' badges.

at 22 he suddenly joined the US Army. During 4 years he served in Germany and Afghanistan.

for what your son has done it would be an honor to send these free of charge including shipping. PM me your info.

Thank you Russ aka Budman and Bob aka BEC. I'll soon have what I need to make new grills for the Heresy pair.

As previously mentioned, ClaudeJ1 had the speakers disassemebled and was in the early stages of refinishing the cabinets when he sold them to me. I quickly threw everything back together (with minimal screws) to confirm their excellent operation. I'll again remove the components,refinish the cabs and make the new grills. Russ asked me to post photos of the resurrection, which I'll do.

Then all that remains is breaking it to my wife how much luggage space they'll take up in our Ford Edge on the trip to DC for the graduation. If they were a dog, and if I were Mitt Romney, I'd just strap them to roof, but I wouldn't treat Klipsch Heritage--or a dog--that way.

I've got the fabric and badges, but I'll need to make the grill frames. Before I cut up some fiberboard, does anyone have some available grill frames for Heresy speakers? The attached photo shows what I need to fit these early Heresy speakers with K77 tweeters.

If you have a pair that you could part with, please contact me by email or PM as to cost.

Thanks,

i see on bob's website he makes the motorboard for the heresy but i guess he doesn't make the grill.

i have your badges packed and ready to ship i just can't get up to make the 1/2 mile trip to the P.O.[:(] today or tomorrow

i knew i had some blanks here i just didn't know where they were. 2 of them need trimmed on all 4 sides and the other one i never finished. all my tools are at my kids house so if you need these it may be awhile before i can finish them

• 1 month later...

As promised to Budman, here are the first photos of the refurbished Heresy speakers. Since Russ supplied the badges, it's appropriate to start with those. The frames and cloth are from Bob Crites.

Michael Colter will scold me for allowing the flash to wash out the black grills. At 8:00pm EDT--even at the western edge of the Eastern Time Zone--the ambient light on a gloomy day in Southeast Michigan was fading. Better daylight photos will be posted when the speakers are completed--and the sun returns.

They're not completely done, but they'll be ready by Wednesday.

As will be seen in subsequent photos, I lined the cabinets with acoustic foam. You can see the inside of the back panel in this photo. The perimeter of the back panel has the same 1/8" closed cell foam that's on the motorboard to provide a better seal.

I replaced the old caps with new caps from Bob Crites.

It's difficult to perceive from the photos, but I sprayed the aluminum squawker horns with black rubberized leak-stop "as seen on TV" to reduce ringing. I know that attaching the mouth of the horn to the motorboad eliminates most, if not all, of the ringing, but a little more deadening couldn't hurt.

Almost done. A little more work to be done on the black finish. Without replacing the veneer, there would have been too many spots with filler to stain well. In black like an H3, it's easier to hide the filler necessary to restore corners and fill chips, etc.

The brass Klipsch badges from Russ/Budman provide the finishing touch.

Edited by DizRotus