SW-115

ChipByrd

like most... my room placement is somewhat dictated by room layout, electrical outlets and cable access. I have my 115 dialed in pretty much as good as I can expect for now(even though I am always tweaking), I just notice that if I stand up from my listening position and walk to about 70º off, the bass gets extremely loud and impressive. I really don't have my bass max'ed out or even near max... as I prefer a more subtle blended sound.

I received the new sub just a few minutes ago. IT IS HUGE! I will unbox it later this afternoon and take a few pictures. Stay tuned for my initial impressions. Unfortunately it will be a day or two until I get a chance to put it through its paces. My wife is having surgery today so she will need a day to recuperate.

I received the new sub just a few minutes ago. IT IS HUGE! I will unbox it later this afternoon and take a few pictures. Stay tuned for my initial impressions. Unfortunately it will be a day or two until I get a chance to put it through its paces. My wife is having surgery today so she will need a day to recuperate.

I heard that deep driving bass helps the healing process. Could be hearsay tho =^P

You are on the right track again Mustang! I down loaded the test cd's that youthman's thread talked about and you can just walk around the room a hear where the bass is quite different in one location compared to another. You might be able to use the test cd to determine where to put your sub?