JBL 2404H in Khorns with ALK Trachorns and ALK Universals?

bobdog

I have a pair of ALK Trachorns I am going to install in my Khorns. I have two pairs of 2404Hs laying around and am going to use them. I have a pair of ALK universals I want to use if I can. Will this setup work as is, or are changes needed? If not, what do I need to do to the crossovers. Finally what would be the best way to cross these drivers over passively (I do not want to go active at this time). Finally I know to mirror image the top hats, but should the tweeters be on the inside or the outside. Thanks, Bob

I have completed the conversion on one. So far I think I will like it. I have a question about the midhorn driver adapter. The K400 uses a rubber seal. The Trachorn adapter has a larger port which seems to match the port on the K55M better than the smaller K400 port. If I use the rubber gasket/seal with the new Trachorn it will pinch down the passageway and seems like it will not mate with the Trachorn adapter very well. Do I need to run a seal or am I good to go without it?

Guest David H

I have completed the conversion on one. So far I think I will like it. I have a question about the midhorn driver adapter. The K400 uses a rubber seal. The Trachorn adapter has a larger port which seems to match the port on the K55M better than the smaller K400 port. If I use the rubber gasket/seal with the new Trachorn it will pinch down the passageway and seems like it will not mate with the Trachorn adapter very well. Do I need to run a seal or am I good to go without it?

Do not use the rubber washer, the trachorn uses a plastic adapter that wont rattle loose like the k-400.

BTW, I remove the bug screen from the driver as well, the differece to me is audible.

Dave

Do not use the rubber washer, the trachorn uses a plastic adapter that wont rattle loose like the k-400.

BTW, I remove the bug screen from the driver as well, the differece to me is audible.

Dave

Thanks I did leave them out. I am impressed with the results of the modifications to say the least.