The Good the Bad and the upgrade, its always a trade off

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Although i cant edit my profile, i sold both sets of La Scala's to help fund my Jubilee's bin purchase. I've been using them for a short time(about a month) and they are so fantastic. I had picked up a KPT-335 HF/MF which consists of a K-510/K69A and K-703/K70G, has the stock behind the screen xover. However....It does have a pair of attenuators from ALKENG which allows you to adjust the HF/MF sections only using the -3db, -5db,-7db, -9db. I finally settled at having them set for -3dB on the HF section. The attenuators are autoformer based not resistive so they do not hurt dampening factor. They came attached to the top section board and were included as part of the xovers. The KPT335 section crosses at 800hz for the MF and 5000hz for the HF. The Jub Bin rolls off at 1100Hz. I bought the HF/MF section because it was a good opportunity(and i needed something for my jubs). Long term i'd always intended on getting the K402 with the K510 and the onboard passive. I do prefer 3 way passive...less messing around for me.

So this brings me to the Good. Revenue Canada was kind enough to provide me with a TAX refund. Arent they swell....? My intentions are to upgrade my Jubilee's with the K402 and K510 horns in a three way passive.

So now the bad, the refund isnt quite large enough to fully fund the upgrade....I've had to sell my Belles to fund the remaining portion of the cash. I will place my order next week once the deal on my Belles finalizes.

So if revenue canada is kind to me again next year, I think i may purchase another set of bass bins to go with my K-510/K69A, K-703/K70G combo, maybe 904 bins to complete a KPT435 which i would use as a centre channel for my jubilee's.

On a side note Heresy II does well as a centre channel between the jubs.

Guest Anonymous

Just going to order them stock, with the behind the screen xover. I think the K402 comes with the K1133 and the K510 comes with the K69A. Im am going to need another pair of autoformers from ALK.

Other than being down to 3.1 with a Heresy II as a centre channel, Jubilee's are amazing. Its almost like starting over...

• 2 months later...