Got a great compliment today

m00n

My mother-in-law said that my system sounds better than a movie theater.

And now mind you that was just after walking out of a theater where we all had just Star Wars EP2. Right On! Thank you Klipsch!cwm35.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Hooray for the audio rising m00n, "Better Than A Theater" is a great starting place for a Klipsch HT... and many of us on the Forum look forward to the learning curve and accomplishments you make on your major HT project. -HornED

Wow! Smile.gif

Now I just can't wait to get my Klipsch Rx-7 home theater! cwm35.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

She probably thought you ware a silly boy and just wanted you to shut up!

That was very, very mean, so forget it...Smile.gif

Anyway, I have gotten smiles across the faces of EVERYONE who has listened to my dual 15" JBL Pro sub. I is nice to be able to impress people like that. The age range is literally 15-75.

Getting compliments for OUR systems is so much fun, the hobby is usually one of solitude, but it is fun to show others the goodness.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Originally posted by HornEd:

Hooray for the audio rising
m00n
, "Better Than A Theater" is a great
starting place
for a Klipsch HT... and many of us on the Forum look forward to the learning curve and accomplishments you make on your major HT project. -HornED

Starting place? Wow! I guess I under estimate what sound could be. I thought reproducing movie theater quality was the ultimate goal, however, your comment suggests it just a stopping place on the road to audio bliss. cwm1.gif

As far as my dedicated home theater, yes, I really look forward to it. My goal is to have enough money to by a half way decient projector by next summer 2003. However in the mean time I plan on building the room anyway.

I have some pictures being developed of whats in my house now as well as the building out back behind my house. I have my scanner working, hopefuly by the end of the weekend I will have them scanned in and posted on my site. This will give you guys a good idea of what I have to work with.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Yep, that's right, m00n, a starting point! Creating great sound for a theater is no easy task... and one that usually calls for a lot of compromises... and where you sit in a theater can make a great difference in the quality of sound you here.

A theater has a huge area to fill with sound and a very large "sweetspot" that needs to be created. Filling cavernous spacious with impressive sound usually means taking a "brute force" method of creating high SPL's... usually at the expense of audio accuracy and detail.

From night clubs to rock concerts, pro gear is biased to be good and loud in spaces that are usually lacking in acoustics... not excellent and detailed. That's why pro gear is so seldom seen in a home environment... it makes a lot of dB's but lacks the finesse and subtle nuances that make your Klipsch system a winner.

The fact that your living room or future dedicated "HT Shack" is a much smaller and, usually, more acoustically friendly makes filling your listening space with great sound a lot easier... and cheaper! Look how little is required to make a great sound system in a car. The reason is there are just not that many cubic feet of air that has to be vibrated to fill that space full of quality sound.

Making sound means moving air... massive amounts of air... that's why audio engineers call what moves the air "motors" and the board they are attached to a "motorboard." Simply put, there are two factors in conventional speakers that directly affect the volume of air they can move... the size of the cone surface and the distance the cone travels. The momentary rate at which the cone moves in and out creates the frequency of the sound wave. \

Therefore, woofers have a particularly tough chore moving their cones a long way to create a 30' long bass wave at the same time they are charged with vibrating more rapidly to create a mid-range wave. That is why having an adequate subwoofer can allow the deep responsibility to be smaller... and, thus, provide better accuracy on making the shorter mid-range waves.

The audio mix and "THX standards" for a full-size theater are quite different from the audio mix and sound fidelity potential in the comparatively snug listening environment in your home. Smaller dipole speakers are a contrived way to fill up your room with a less than faithful reproduction of a sound event...IMHO.

But, Bose certainly sells more speakers than anyone else... and their sound is based upon something closer to pro gear... fill up the room with SPL's first and then fiddle with sound quality. People will be thrilled with the output and their ears will adjust to the lack of quality and make them acceptable.

So, m00n, it's time to rise above your theater tuned ears to make your home theater so good that going to a commercial theater becomes a drag. -HornED

Well Ed,

I sure whish you lived up here in Oregon, I would let you have your way with my home cinema. cwm1.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>