my new SVS PB13-Ultra

Budman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this 70 sharp. Its not quite as good

as my last tv (xbr52) in pq but Im really happy I made the tradeoff. Only bad part is now I want a 120 really bad

lol. Just cant win at this always want more.

Which model do you have? I know the picture is not going to be as good as I got now but size and price are right. Cant find a 70" Plasma, looks like they are not making a lot of plasmas anymore.

It’s the 732 (2nd lowest

model only 120 Hz) my last tv was 240. On blu rays it looks amazing I have no

complaints. Regular hd tv you can see some motion blur but I saw some on my 52”

240 as well. I saw the 70” led and that

looks really nice but it’s kind of spendy.

Strangely when I show off my set up

to people as awesome as these speakers and subs are in this room. It’s this TV

that gets the most wow from people. It’s always omg that TV is amazing how much

did it cost! I can’t believe how nice

that picture is! It’s funny because my last tv cost more than this one and had

a better picture but never blew people away like this one. So for me it’s a huge upgrade over my 52” xbr.

If they get a 90” with the same quality as the one I have now and its priced

right I’m buying it. I also might get

the 80” if the price comes down more in a year or two.

Also looking for size 70-80 inch. the plasma's i see always seem too dark and not very vivid in there colors. I dont think screen burn in is an issue anymore with plasma's? Not sure about the life expectancy of a plasma vs led?

leds do seem to have a certain "pop" to them for colors, to me it seems overly artificial, my samsung 120hz led life expectancy was very short, after I noticed extreme amounts of ghosting it quickly departed the house and was replaced with another panasonic s2

screen burn in is nearly non existant, I left this tv (hooked up the new computer to the 58" panasonic plasma) on for almost a day on the same image by accident and the image was there for a short time after but quickly disappeared once normal viewing resumed

plasmas do use a little more energy but I'll gladly pay the extra 10 dollars a year

I've had dlp, lcd, led, plasma and each have their own benefits and drawbacks, each person needs to decide what is important to them

It is so hard to pick out a good TV. When you go anywhere to look at them, who knows how long they have been running for. Sometimes the fact that they are usually on 24/7 really shows, and the image starts to look very grainy. Last time I was in Best Buy, I was looking at the newer Samsung LEDs, and they did look absolutely fantastic compared to everything else. That could also be because they are newer though and haven't been on for the last 2 years straight. The OLED screens due out second half of this year look extremely promising as well, though very pricey! I could have a slightly used pair of P-39f's for about the same price, which if I had to choose, it would be the speakers over the TV.

This thread really got derailed. Sorry OP