Which amp for front LR and which for surround LR?

reynolr

Hello all, i have a pair of RF-52's currently hooked up to an Emotiva UPA-2. I just purchased a new home (which I will be moving into this June) and will be upgrading my 5.2 to 7.2 using a pair of Emotiva UAW-8.2 for LR surrounds and a pair of Emotiva UAW-6.2 for back surrounds. Last night I jumped on the last Onkyo M-282 on accessories4less (picked it up for &168 shipped). So my question to you all is should I pair up the UPA-2 with the UAW-8.2's and let the new Onkyo M-282 power the RF-52's? Or should I let the Onkyo take the UAW-8.2's and leave the UPA-2 on the RF-52s?

And on a seperate note, just for a little future planning, where exactly to the LR surrounds and rear surrounds go? I think the LR surrounds for 2-3 behind seating and at ear height? But of course I may be wrong. And I am unsure about the rear surrounds all together. The length of the room is about 22 ft and width about 12. Thanks in advance for any help and input.

You sure have a melting pot of speakers and amps, I hope you can get it close in timbre.

Keep the UPA-2 powering the RF-52's, it is a much better quality amp(build and sound) than the M-282 in my opinion. You want your best amp for your main speakers, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

And on a seperate note, just for a little future planning, where exactly to the LR surrounds and rear surrounds go? I think the LR surrounds for 2-3 behind seating and at ear height? But of course I may be wrong.

Side surrounds at near 6.5ft level from floor(if wall mounted) and on the sidewall slightly behind ears. Rear surrounds at same height spaced about 3ft apart(THX) or 6 -7ft apart for conventional placement(illustration).

Bill

post-26822-13819693416142_thumb.jpg

My front three are all Klipsch and my four surrounds will be Emotiva so I am hoping it will not be to tough to get them matched up. One last question about subwoofer placement, It is going to be hard to put it up front in the new place. Would putting your subwoofer in a rear corner be alright to do? or is there a more prefered spot besides in the front? And thank you all for the responses. I had assumed the UPA-2 would be best for the fronts, something about being able to do lower ohm? I am not sure what that does but I read it somewhere.

As far as the rear surrounds go, the back wall (where they will go) has a 6 ft opening in it for the walk way. On one side is just 1 foot of space and on the other side of the opening is roughly 5 ft. with this set up, my rear surrounds would be in the corners of the room and at 11 ft apart. Would I be better off going with in ceiling speakers (UAC-8.2) then I could put them at whatever distance apart I wanted? And how would in-ceilings work for rear surrounds? Thanks for your help.