My first Pro Gear

Brac

I'm currently running the one piece industrials in my shop, still using the stock AA networks, I have noticed a fair bit of noise when power down the pre-amp. I never had this with the Klf-10's that were fed with the same setup. I know these are more efficient but I really hate pops and such as they can damage things. Any ideas on what to do? Pre-amp is Zone 2 from my UMC-1 through a Jamo MPA-101.

With lots of help from Speakerfritz (Mike), I now have in my possession all the parts needed to turn 4 AA networks into 4 GOOD AA networks. I have plenty of really nice hardwood around so I will make up some new boards, and try to clean up all the parts that will get re-used. Anybody have any thoughts on weather to add the Zenners back in? As I understand they are just for tweeter protection (however I do not know if they have any effect on the circuit otherwise).

Look at that I formatted a paragraph! Thanks Chris.

the "Good AA" schmatic I'm using is the 6th post in this thread.

Also is an AA network out of a lascala the same as an AA network out of a Khorn?

Anybody have any thoughts on weather to add the Zenners back in? As I understand they are just for tweeter protection (however I do not know if they have any effect on the circuit otherwise).

At one of the Pilgrimages I attended Trey was showing the difference in crossover response, may have even been an AA with metal screw holding down the coil vs the intended nylon screw. A few crossovers got assembled by Alice (not real name) with the metal screws makng the coils iron core rather than air core. Very sublte measured difference. Probably not audible, to me anyway, but different.

Anyway, he pointed out the zener diodes and said they did a very good job of protecting delicat tweeter diapragms that can easily be replaced at a reasonable cost but that many amplifiers started to melt down wien the zeners kicked in and had a history of destroying at least a few expensive amplifiers to save $40 to $80 to replace the burnt out tweeter diapragms. I'd leave them out.

p.s. Mike or someone esle may chime in but I think Trey would recommend to leave them out.

Also is an AA network out of a lascala the same as an AA network out of a Khorn?

Yes...exactly the same ...used in belles, khorns, lascalas