Which Binding Post/Speaker Terminal Row Is Best?

RPXXD

Neither is better than the other. They give you the option for bi- wiring/ bi-amping your speakers. The speaker should come with a gold metal bridge/strap. When the bridge/strap is in place, you can use either the top or bottom post to connect you speakers. Do not remove the metal strap or your speaker may not work properly. It is recommended to connect your speaker to the top post. The top post are used for HF driver and the lower post for the LF driver when bi-amping the speakers.

YOU MUST HAVE THE BRIDGE STRAP iN PLACE, this puts both input jacks in parallel so it doens't make a bit of difference which ones you use. There is no listening test, no manual. Just use one red and one black. That's it. After 5,000 calls on this to customer service, you'd think someone would take the time to make it painfully clear in the 'manuals', I haven't seen one lately.

^^^It's actually quite clear in the manual. It says top row, but you are right, it shouldn't matter either way...

But if you bi-amp, does that just mean you are pushing more power to the whole speaker? I thought the point of bi-amping was to separate the power so lows and highs gets it's own power, but that's not really possible with the bridge strap...eh, I suppose I just answered my own question.

Michael,

Unfortunatly, the Manual assumes that the speaker purchaser has some semblence of knowledge, on how a speaker system operates.

Very simple, if you Bi-Amp/Bi-Wire: You remove the Bridge, one amp or set of wires (Bi-Wiring) is terminated on the Upper Terminals (HF = High Frequency = Mid Range and tweeter) - The other amp or set of speaker wires are terminated on the lower set of terminals (LF = Low frequency = Woofer). If you are NOT Bi-Amping or Bi-Wiring the Bridge/Straps must be in place for the speaker to operate properly.

Bi-amping does involve two separate power sources for the speaker. One of the real advantages of Bi-amping is the signal is not altered before it get's to the speaker. Theorectically there will be less chance of clipping/distrosion and more headroom in the amp. This is an overly simplified comments that get into a topic of active vs passive X-O and other aspect of the audio chain