SHOOTOUT! Epik Empire vs HSU VTF-15H vs CHT CS18.1 vs Rythmik FV15 vs A7s-450 Review

derrickdj1

The is an FYI post for comparions on these sub. It is well done and may help shed light on the real differences with these sub/manufacturers All of the subs used in the shoot out are great and the post is informational and not intended to slam one sub over another. The question comes up frequently on this forum, what sub should I get? This is a great read when you have a little time.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1313176&highlight=sub+shootout, AVS Forum, Madaeel,[SHOOTOUT! Epik Empire vs
HSU VTF-15H vs CHT CS18.1 vs Rythmik FV15 vs A7s-450 Review] Feb 5, 2011.

they seem to perform very similarly.

I bet room acoustics (reflections etc) causes much more variablity in performance than subwoofer manufacturer does. That's why I have been spending my efforts recently on being able to measure my listening room/stereo combination and equalize out problem frequencies.

I agree with this. Makes you wonder why when someone buys one or the other, they say that it destroys the other. I'm guessing different subs work better in different rooms like the guy above me said. Still waiting on my SW-115...hopefully today or tomorrow...

I agree with this. Makes you wonder why when someone buys one or the other, they say that it destroys the other.

your looking at 5db - 13db difference in areas and 13db difference being around 20 hz is close enough to consider destruction [;)]

The similar performance of the various sub is the reason I posted this. This re-enforces my belife that room placement and intergration are key factors in getting good bass. Not withstanding, these are all very nice subs. The use of two to 4 sub with give you better distribution of the bass in a room. Two subs will get you 70 to 80% of the benefit of 4 subs depending on the room. The 30-60Hz range from a good sub(s) add so much more energy to movies and music. It is all about moving air.