RT12D - need set-up help

Kim Womer

All sounds good except for setting the avr to 0 for the sub channel. Let you avr decide that when it does the room correction. And if it's all the way negative after the results turn the sub down a notch or two and re run it. You basically want to know your sub volume is as high as it can be without the receiver adding any gain.

I tried that on my sub today, it couldn't handle cuz it was making 'farting' noises, so I had to turn the knob down a little. I wish my SW-115 would get here =^/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, when I was playing with the yamaha last night I noticed the LFE is turned on and setting is 0.0 db and gives me the option of lowering the setting. It also gives me 3 options regarding different cominations of which speakers to direct the LFE signals to, I just left it alone. I'll make sure it's off at the sub....There's a hell of a lot to learn here.....

This is a clip from your sub's user manual:

“Lowpass”
– This screen is used to adjust the subwoofer’s upper frequency limit to achieve a proper blend with your system’s main speakers. A higher frequency (Hz) is typically used with smaller, bass limited main speakers and a lower frequency setting is customarily used with larger floorstanding models. This filter can be adjusted from 40Hz to 120Hz, as required, or defeated if the low pass filter function is being performed by your system’s electronics. Use the Left/Right cursor keys to adjust the lowpass filter. To defeat this filter press and hold the Right cursor key until “Lowpass OFF LFE Mode” is displayed. Refer to your surround processor’s owner’s manual for more Bass Management information. From this screen press the down or up cursor key to access other control settings.

The manual is available here: http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/3579/media_document/live_1/RT10d12dSubwooferManual.pdf?1288057256