KLF30 value??

skally

Hello guys, I thought I would ask on the fourm to see what a fair price for the Klipsch KLF30's would be? Theres a gentelman in town that has a set for sale but wants to sell his HK AVR & such with the package. He said he would split the package and sell the KLF 30 seperate but wanted me to shoot him a price. They seems to be in good shape but I may have to refinish the cab's as they are not black. I have a pair of KG 5.5's with Bob Crites mods & Ti tweeters so I'm not sure if the KLF's would be that much of an upgrade... but being a 3way wouldnt hurt. Any Idea of what I should shhot him for a price? And would it be just a slight upgrade or a vast differnace? Thanks for the Help!

Jeff

THanks Mark for the Reply! He shot me a price of $700 for the pair so I guess thats not out of line from what you have listed. I guess the other question is if I were to spend $700 on a pair then modify it with Bob Crites items I would be looking at around the $1100 mark... so the question would be to get those or save a few dollars up and get the Klipsch RF7 II's as I hear they are a fantastic speaker as well.

700s pretty fair, 600-900 is what I usually see, I've passed on a set for 400 already

imo using them in a ht it becomes cumbersome and expensive to timbre match them

my opinion is I could assemble a rf82 ht set cheaper and easier than a klf set and to my ears the reference set will be superior in ht simply due to the center and surrounds being far more crisp, however if your going to sell your kg5.5s and use klf30s in place of them as 2 channel I'd say go ahead, they are still some of the best stereo speakers

Thanks for the responce :). $700 is tempting but as you mentioned the referance lince may be a better way to go. My main purpose is HT as I listen to 2ch music only about 10% or so. THe KG's I have do quite well for my set up now so I have no complaints. I have herd the RF 7's ( not ll"s ) as they had a fantastic sound, at least for HT as I did not have a chance to listen to them for music. Once again... thanks!