Allison acoustic model 2's

I saw a pair at the local goodwill for 25$. Does anybody know anything about these? I have a feeling i should have just grabbed them.......what do ya guys think. The surrounds were intact, and very sticky. These speakers have two 8" woofer two midrange......ummm speakers, and two tweeters in a wedge shaped configuration. The emblem said .........Allison Two. On the back Allison acoustics, Natick, MA

Many years ago I had a friend with Allison speakers. I don't recall the model but I do remember them sounding VERY good.

For $25 I would have "rolled the dice" on them. And I'm an uber-cheap SOB.

Go get em. Best case you've the best sounding garage system on your block. Worst case you part them out on eBay and triple (or more) your money.

The speakers were sitting there since April 18th. After i saw the speakers I went back to my house then back to goodwill little over an hour and a half.....GONE. I should have known better. I was a little afraid to buy them because it looked like somebody had put some kind of resin or glue around the surrounds as a fix. As it turns out they came from the factory sticky like that. The surrounds look and feel like they have wet glue on them, very strange..........Oh well.