Squawker hooked up backwards

cyto

I have been taking the Heresy IIs apart today to clean and seal the cabinets,

I noticed the squawker on one of them was hooked up backwards, the black - wire was on the tab with the yellow mark and the yellow + wire was hooked to the unmarked tab.

I am not sure what to think about that [:S]

I am not sure what to think about that Tongue Tied

The question is whether the wire reversal has left the mid driver out of phase with the woofer or tweeter on one side.

How does each speaker sound? Is there a lack of blending on one side but not the other, between the mid horn and the woofer? Stoop down or get on the floor for each speaker in turn, and put your ears between the bass driver and mid horn. Move your head around slightly to try out the blending. You should be able to hear much better blending between the two on one side than the other. You should change the wiring on the worse-sounding side to match that on the better blending side.

Repeat the process between the mid and tweeter on each side. The better blending should occur on the same side as the woofer-MR better blend. If not, you might have some sorting out to do.

BTW, by "better blending," I mean the sound from two drivers works together instead of the two fighting each other. If instead they are out of phase, the sound will appear to jump from one driver to the other as you move your head slightly between the two.

Be sure the MR wires are hooked up the same way at the Xover end. Although there's no issue if they are reversed at both the speaker and xover ends, I'd make them the same on both sides.

Well I took them apart to clean, seal and re-cap. So I put them back together the way they are supposed to be wired.

I am going to replace the 25 year old caps before I fire them up again.

Thanks for the schematic miketn [Y]

BTW in what part of TN are you located?