Ratty La Scala's

I saw a pair on craigslist that looked just like that. Guy was asking $500 firm. Thank goodness I don't need them, but I did think twice at the price.

Also, I've seen much worse condition pull in $500 -$600. As Dave said, if they sound good, they are good. You can fix MOST ugly! (I got really drunk one night and picked up this "chick" eek.gif.......well, you get the point! [;)])

Keep us posted,

Dennie

I just found out these La Scalas have the AL crossover type. B. Crites recommends an upgrade to his AL-3 crossovers - Cost $365.00. So, $600 - $365 = $235 to 250.00 as a max bid I would think. And one or more of the drivers might need to be replaced??

Well the auction just ended. The La Scalas went for a cool $1000. Too rich for me considering the 4 hour drive there and back, the new crossovers, the time and materials to refirb the cabinets and the fact that I couldn't even audition them???? Those industrials are looking mighty tasty at $1200 obo.

Well the auction just ended. The La Scalas went for a cool $1000. Too rich for me considering the 4 hour drive there and back, the new crossovers, the time and materials to refirb the cabinets and the fact that I couldn't even audition them???? Those industrials are looking mighty tasty at $1200 obo.

Hard to believe they brought $1000. It's a good thing you didn't buy them, you would have been upside down. There are better fish in the sea.