SOLVED urgent need to repair/replace dead K77!!

EDIT 05/13/12 @ 5:00pm EDT

ClaudeJ1 had a working K77. My other son left Claude's 30 minutes earlier with the tweeter. Thank you Claude.

Also, thanks go out to Bob Crites for an exchange of emails near midning last night. If Claude hadn't provided the available K77, Bob would have helped to get it done prior to Wednesday's departure.

As described in another thread (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/160982/1709002.aspx#1709002) I'm putting together as system as a graduation present for our son. At 28, after 4 years in the Army and a tour in Afghanistan, he's graduating Sunday from George Washington University.

In the final moments of refurbishing the Heresy speakers to take to our son's graduation, I discovered the voice coil in one of the tweeters has failed. They both worked when previously tested, but when I buttoned everything up, one tweeter was out. It's an open circuit. It registers no resistance on a DVM. I opened it up. Even with the probes touching the leads as close as possible to the voice coil there's no current passing. I've lost count of the number of K77s/T35s I've repaired, so when I say the voice coil is shot, it's shot.

We're leaving on Wednesday to drive to DC for the GWU graduation on Sunday. I really don't want to present him with a broken speaker.

I know it's a long shot, but does any Southeast Michigan area forum member have any of the following that I could buy from you:

another K77/T35;
a voice coil for a K77/T35;
a pair of CT125s; or
another suggestion to get the speakers operational ASAP?

Thanks,

To get a non-OEM diaphragm over-nighted in time to make the repair and leave today would have cost more than the whole operating K77 I got from ClaudeJ1. A replacement diaphragm will eventually be ordered without the urgency and the failed K77 will be again operable.

I can't tell you how many checks I sent to EV at 600 Cecil St., Buchanan, MI to get real EV diaphragms to repair T35s (same as K77) in the SKhorns used in my 70's DJ biz. If repairing would have been faster and less expensive, I'd have gotten a diaphragm from Bob Crites over-nighted to me and fixed it yesterday.

Be careful buying knock-off diaphragms from sources other than Klipsch or Bob Crites. You could get lucky, but then again , . . .

• 2 weeks later...

The graduation weekend was a huge success. The system was a hit. We were too busy to spend much time listening, but a short and shaky video can be seen at:

http://youtu.be/an_8yDIOKwM

Scott started at the DC police academy on the day after graduation. He wants to be a homicide detective.

Outstanding... Congratulatons.... What a noble calling....