SW-310 vs SW-112

akdave

I'm hoping my local guy will hook me up @ $600 again. I don't see why he wouldn't...

I went down this road once with a forum member here and my local reseller of high end audio gear. That forum member then went to his local reseller and told them that he could get one of the devices cheaper at xyz company. The guy he told that to reported my local guy to the manufacturer, and they got in trouble and almost lost reseller privledges.

The moral of the story is, if you get it cheaper somewhere, you risk getting them into trouble. Cut the best deal you can with your local guy, or travel to another reseller and deal with them. If they have to ship it, they can lose it all...

^^^I don't understand why that seller would get in trouble. He pays a certain amount to get them, he should be able to sell them for whatever he wants. And screw that guy that turned him in just because he wasn't willing to match the price.

I don't understand why that seller would get in trouble. He pays a certain amount to get them, he should be able to sell them for whatever he wants. And screw that guy that turned him in just because he wasn't willing to match the price.

If you are under contract with a particular mfr and are an authorized dealer, you are obligated to only discount that mfr's products a certain amount under msrp. Not following the rules as an authorized dealer risks losing that distinction.

Bill