oohhhweee -- lynn and hump goin at it -- ROTFLOL

hey trespasser -- on your budget you gotta go used market

most bang for the buck will be 5 Heresy's

you can find them for around $300 to $400 a pair

you will need 3 pair, so that's around $1000

start shopping ebay and www.audiogon.com

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

DEANG

Sorry to rain on the parade but the hump and I had a pis*ing contest in the interim and he won - So I will have to retire from the fray.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

If you want to go used,

I've had my KG4s for years and recently I went to 5.1 using them as mains. They are a truely awesome speaker, and would be a good start at HT, especially if you are "budget challenged",Ive seen great deals on E-Bay. The bass response from these speakers is way beyond anything else of this size. (I bought my sub-woofer as an afterthought).

Also, If you are interested in a circa-1985 Yamaha receiver DIRT cheap (2 channels-55WPC, no home theater- but I mean CHEAP) contact me via e-mail.

Trespasser_ guy

I suggest you read my post again.

I did not demand that you alter your typing style. I requested that you consider using normal capitalisation and punctuation.

The definitions of both of those terms are worth looking up in a dictionary,(Any competent librarian will be able to explain the concept). In any event I do not presume to TELL you how to type but If you want help from any us "Old Farts" who have had the benefit of many years of successes and failures in this beloved hobby we share ............. I suggest you consider using punctuation and sentence structure that makes immediate sense to the vast majority of us that have become accustomed to using.

FWIW - I tend to skip over any posts that seem to ignore such simple courtesies -(to the reader),as Capitalisation and punctuation.

In any event - I am not interested in starting an intergenerational flame war and this IS my final comment on this issue.

As Forrest points out _ Who the F**ck am I to tell anyone How to Type?

My response is: If I have worthwhile information to offer - I am unlikely to offer it if reading a post is a chore - Gawd knows I have enough to do as it is!

Accept my suggestion or ignore it - It is all the same to me!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 06-02-2002 at 08:20 PM

trespasser_guy

Got your PM. Thank You !!

I hope we will continue as friends. One need not agree with me to be my friend - (but it DOES show a degree of Class) 8~)>

Lynn

BTW I am a "sight speller" and Friend has never "looked" quite right but My librarian dragged out a dictionary and proved that the rest of the English Speaking world is wrong -therefore I will comply,(Grumble - mutter-mutter- If there ever was a word that should be spelled freind instead of friend - Fine World Learn to Live with your errerz).

Damnedable Impudence I say!! The next thing I suppose is that Women will be demanding the vote!

------------------

LynnM glad you enjoyed the Golden Shower. Wink.gif

I use a lot of Caps evn where not needed for Ideal Punkuation so You must Really Like me. Im so Glad. LOL

Anyway we need to Tolerate Nasty Lynn to becuse 1ST he's from High River and Next I read his Confessional and it seem he had a meeting with EL Diablo and he told Lynn that he must go back and that his Work must go on.

So here he is. LOL

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Hi Forrest!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!